Seeing as Easter was the weekend just gone, it seemed more than fitting to bake this Creme Egg Cheesecake I saw online. I absolutely LOVE Creme Eggs so to say I was excited was an understatement. I grabbed my best friend who also loves to bake and off we popped to the shop. It was super easy to do and I am really pleased with how it came out.
Quick disclaimer, I did not come up with this recipe. I found it on the interweb linked above. All I can say is THANK YOU to the amazing human who made this cheesecake. You can read the full recipe with tips above.
- 280g Digestive Chocolate Biscuits
- 140g Butter (Unsalted), melted
- 560ml Double cream, lightly whipped until it forms soft peaks
- 140g Icing Sugar, sifted
- 2 x 280g Tubs of Philadelphia Cream Cheese (Full fat)
- Juice of half a lemon
- 275g Mini Cadbury’s Creme Eggs (about 3 small bags)
- 3 or 4 Full size Creme Eggs to decorate
- 60g Milk Chocolate
- 120g White Chocolate
- Yellow Food Colouring
2. Mix with the melted butter and press into your 7″ tin.
3. Unwrap the mini Creme Eggs and chop them each into quarters.
4. Combine the whipped cream, icing sugar, cream cheese, lemon juice and chopped mini Creme Eggs. Fold in gently until fully combined.
5. Smooth on top of the biscuit base and flatten the top with the back of a spoon or a palette knife if you have one.
6. Chill for 3 hours or even better, over night.
7. Remove the cheesecake from the tin.
8. Melt your milk chocolate in a glass bowl over a pan of boiling water and allow to cool very slightly before drizzling over the cake in zigzags.
9. Melt your white chocolate in the same way, drizzle half of it onto the cheesecake.
10. Colour the white chocolate that is left with a tiny amount of food colour. Add more until you reach a yellow you’re happy with, then drizzle this over too.
11. Cut your large Creme Eggs in half and use to decorate the top of the cheesecake.
We actually used orange food colouring instead of yellow and for us this made the perfect ‘yolk’ colour.
We where SO happy with how the Cheesecake came out, no it didn’t look as good as theirs but it never does. (Well, never for me anyway!) We had the best time baking it and it tasted absolutely amazing. I will 100% be baking this again.
Thank you very much for reading, if you can still get your hands on some Creme Eggs, give it a try, if not, theres aways next year!
Have you read Billie’s latest post about her amazing holiday to Mexico?
To see all of her holiday photos, check out our Instagram & Twitter.
Insta – allureofagirl
Twitter – @allureofagirl