Hello there! Amy here again, hopefully you’re reading this because you liked my previous post or you’ve simply stumbled across our blog. Either way, welcome, I hope you enjoy!
The title of this blog post pretty much gives away what it is about but lets have some background info..
I’ve had long hair pretty much all my life. I have seen photos of me when I was younger with a bob and a fringe but all I can ever recall is me with long hair. About a year and a half ago, I started experimenting. For a lot of people, hair is a precious thing and I 100% understand that, but, for me, its only hair and it will grow back. Its not the end of the world.
Let me run through some of the changes I have made to my hair over the past year and a half:
- Long hair with a full fringe ( Did NOT suit me )
- Long hair dip dyed blonde
- Long hair dip dyed pink
- Cut to mid length and all donated to charity
- Dyed BRIGHT blonde ( Only hairstyle I haven’t liked)
- Grew and dyed the underneath purple
- Dyed my whole head red
Quiet a lot in a year and a half hey?
I DEFINITELY got the hair dying bug…. So up until 6th April 2016, I had red, long hair. It was very annoying, heavy and well.. just really annoying to be honest.
So I decided to take the plunge and go to my hairdressers and get it all chopped off, to MANY people’s dismay!
Some of the quotes I heard –
- ‘ But your hair is so lovely as it is’
- ‘ You don’t need to change your hair, it’s gorgeous”
- ‘ But it’s so long, I can’t believe you want to cut it all off’
- ‘ I would die for hair your length’
These are just a few of the MANY different opinions and comments I got about cutting my hair, haha.
But, nevertheless, an hour later and a heck of a lot of hair cut off, it was finished and I couldn’t be more pleased.
From this length…
To this length…
I couldn’t be happier but let me know what you think!
Make sure you come back on Friday for Billie’s post and I’ll catch up with you in a giffy!